It’s that time year! It seems to get here faster and faster all the time. It can be a time of year where you are truly grateful or a time of year when you are totally stressed. Especially if you work in Customer Service. It seems like customers get ruder and grow less impatient every year.
But, now is the time for Customer Service Representatives to give extra thanks! Take a deep breath and realize just how truly blessed you are!
There are so many things to be thankful for (don’t forget the small stuff)!
- You have a job. (I see individuals on a daily basis who are struggling to find employment. They are extremely stressed trying to figure out how to provide for their families.)
- You have a vehicle. ( I meet individuals on a daily basis who do not have reliable transportation.)
- You have a family. (Not everyone has someone to spend the holidays with.)
- You have your health. (So many individuals are struggling with their health on a daily basis.)
- You have support. (If you are working, you have the support of co-workers; if you have a family, you have the support of your loved ones.)
Again, I urge you not to judge your customers on their looks or actions. You never know what struggles that individual is encountering. Maybe today was the only day they could get a ride to your business. Or maybe, today was the only day they could physically get out of bed. Maybe today, someone was able to loan them some money for the holidays.
You never know what is lurking behind their smile (or their scowl).
Take the higher road and give that person the ultimate Customer Service Experience! They deserve it – and so do you!
I wish you all a very Happy, Healthy, and Loving Thanksgiving Holiday!